World Arthritis Day 2014
Nothing on this blog has anything to do with the views, practices, needs, or pet peeves of any employer, association, profession, product, school of thought, clan, family member, or BFF.
The G Bitch Spot by G Bitch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Mad. Black. Woman. (TM)
I've been pissed a long time. I'm fairly good at it.
Help a Bitch out!
Comment Policy as of August 2011
1. This is MY blog. It is not public space but personal space. I am not obligated to publish or keep any comment I deem misinformed, misplaced, missing the point or just plain, in my not-so-fucking-humble opinion, asinine.
2. All comments will be interpreted as written, i.e. pay attention to what words you put where and when. Don't tell me you meant x when you typed that you fuck goats.
- “Any body is a good place to be if you’re listening to it and taking care of it”: Lizzo October 23, 2014
- When Victims Get Life in Prison October 19, 2014
- “we stand by every righteous being” October 18, 2014
- better in tune with the infinite October 18, 2014
- Rage is to writers what water is to fish. ~ Nikki Giovanni
2011 Ashley Award
A Note on Archives
A few problems with databases and corrupted files and near total loss of files means some links are broken and many images are just plain gone. It will take time to reconstruct post by post.
Links to nola.com older than a month or so are dead/broken links. Google search the listed title of the article and it should pop up. You can avoid nola.com's paid archives if you have access to a database through a university or public library.
Send the post title, date, and the link [copy the highlighted/underlined text] to gbspotmail**gmail***com.
Bitches are aggressive, assertive, domineering, overbearing, strong-minded, spiteful, hostile, direct, blunt, candid, obnoxious, thick-skinned, hard-headed, vicious, dogmatic, competent, competitive, pushy, loud-mouthed, independent, stubborn, demanding, manipulative, egoistic, driven, achieving, overwhelming, threatening, scary, ambitious, tough, brassy, masculine, boisterous and turbulent. A Bitch takes shit from no one. You may not like her, but you cannot ignore her.
ATTRIBUTION: Joreen, U.S. feminist and author. From “The Bitch Manifesto,” originally published in Ms. magazine in 1969. As quoted in The Decade of Women, by Suzanne Levine and Harriet Lyons (1980).
Tag Archives: new orleans schools
The full report is here [PDF] and not very long…. The first finding is pretty easy—even if you are dogmatically opposed to the privatization of public schools, if the choice is between a “failing” operator and a new one, you’d … Continue reading
A 2012 reprint is available, normally $25, now $20.
John White appears poised to be named state schools superintendent this week No surprise here. This has been wanted since 3 days after he became superintendent of RSD. [Even now, no one in public has asked, or questioned, why.] Now that the … Continue reading
graciously cross-posted at Humid City, my evacuation chalet My daughter goes to a charter school. I got an email the other day about tomorrow’s rally in Baton Rouge in celebration of Charter Schools Week (I’ve never heard of this one … Continue reading
This is The Application: Not an all-in-one application but one form you can use to apply to “most” RSD, OPSB and various charter schools. Unless the school you want to apply to has a different idea about the form, process … Continue reading
1. “School fair attendance gets failing grades” (cute title for a very not-cute story): Addressing about 30 people Saturday during an event designed to help parents begin signing up their children for the 2008-09 school year, Recovery School District superintendent … Continue reading
I will not be encouraging The Girl to practice the LEAP online and know that I have the middle-class, college-educated privilege to do so while others do not. Begin your reading assignment with: Measuring What Matters Least How Standardized Testing … Continue reading
by Dr. Andre Perry, contributing columnist to The Louisiana Weekly and assistant professor of higher education. Dr. Perry’s comments on education can be heard every Friday on WWNO at 5:30 p.m. The essay is available here and was broadcast Friday, … Continue reading