Nothing on this blog has anything to do with the views, practices, needs, or pet peeves of any employer, association, profession, product, school of thought, clan, family member, or BFF.
The G Bitch Spot by G Bitch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Mad. Black. Woman. (TM)
I've been pissed a long time. I'm fairly good at it.
Help a Bitch out!
Get G Bitch in Your Inbox
Comment Policy as of August 2011
1. This is MY blog. It is not public space but personal space. I am not obligated to publish or keep any comment I deem misinformed, misplaced, missing the point or just plain, in my not-so-fucking-humble opinion, asinine.
2. All comments will be interpreted as written, i.e. pay attention to what words you put where and when. Don't tell me you meant x when you typed that you fuck goats.
Categories (New to the Spot? Check “Best Of” first)
- From “Autocracy: Rules for Survival” November 12, 2016
- Election 2016 Anthology: Call for Submissions November 10, 2016
- How to Report Harassment, Violations on Election Day and Get Your Vote on: NOLA Edition October 28, 2016
- Louisiana Flooding: How to Help August 15, 2016
February 2017 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
- Rage is to writers what water is to fish. ~ Nikki Giovanni
2011 Ashley Award
A Note on Archives
A few problems with databases and corrupted files and near total loss of files means some links are broken and many images are just plain gone. It will take time to reconstruct post by post.
Links to nola.com older than a month or so are dead/broken links. Google search the listed title of the article and it should pop up. You can avoid nola.com's paid archives if you have access to a database through a university or public library.
Send the post title, date, and the link [copy the highlighted/underlined text] to gbspotmail**gmail***com.
Bitches are aggressive, assertive, domineering, overbearing, strong-minded, spiteful, hostile, direct, blunt, candid, obnoxious, thick-skinned, hard-headed, vicious, dogmatic, competent, competitive, pushy, loud-mouthed, independent, stubborn, demanding, manipulative, egoistic, driven, achieving, overwhelming, threatening, scary, ambitious, tough, brassy, masculine, boisterous and turbulent. A Bitch takes shit from no one. You may not like her, but you cannot ignore her.
ATTRIBUTION: Joreen, U.S. feminist and author. From “The Bitch Manifesto,” originally published in Ms. magazine in 1969. As quoted in The Decade of Women, by Suzanne Levine and Harriet Lyons (1980).
Category Archives: AS Sucks
Day 2713. My bones feel sore. It hurts to breathe. My poor sleep is more drain than reprieve or recharge. But I have Sonia Sotomayor’s dissent to light my day: The PDF of the entire decision and dissents: Utah v … Continue reading
I’m “lucky” enough to be “aware” all the damn time. And it is enlightening to see how common this “rare” disease is. What you also can do is look for ways to support those you know with spondyloarthritis, chronic pain … Continue reading
Good job but short shrift on the non-spinal symptoms and -itises. Ankylosing Spondylitis Video Awarded a 2015 Digital Health Award Ankylosing Spondylitis Video: link
Chronic illnesses are not necessarily linear, as in Monday is better than Friday [or worse], or 2003 was better than 2013, an up, or down, progression with logical stopping points and an endpoint. Autoimmune diseases especially are prone to fluctuations that … Continue reading
At the gym I go to, the time of day I go, I am 15-20 years older than the instructors and 10-20-30 years younger than the [mostly] women in class. And most of them don’t use a cane/walking stick like … Continue reading
1. The illness I live with is: ankylosing spondylitis [see posts here, here, and here], fibromyalgia [about me, in general].† 2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: FM: 2009. AS: 2014.‡ 3. But I had symptoms since: AS: probably … Continue reading
Yeah, it’s illness you can’t see. I’ve got one. Well, a few. There are L.O.T.S. A sparse sampling: allergies and food intolerances anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder, OSFED (Other Specified Feeding and Eating Disorder) and other eating disorders rheumatoid arthritis/inflammatory arthritis … Continue reading
Age was never a central or peripheral concern for me in the way it was “supposed” to be. I was always youngest in the class, younger than my friends and peers, but between the ages of 12 and 20, I looked older … Continue reading
Enthesitis…is the main cause of the pain, stiffness, and limited range of motion in the spine experienced by AS patients. Enthesitis often presents as swelling over the inflamed area, with patients reporting that the affected area is tender to the … Continue reading