World Arthritis Day 2014
Nothing on this blog has anything to do with the views, practices, needs, or pet peeves of any employer, association, profession, product, school of thought, clan, family member, or BFF.
The G Bitch Spot by G Bitch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Mad. Black. Woman. (TM)
I've been pissed a long time. I'm fairly good at it.
Help a Bitch out!
Comment Policy as of August 2011
1. This is MY blog. It is not public space but personal space. I am not obligated to publish or keep any comment I deem misinformed, misplaced, missing the point or just plain, in my not-so-fucking-humble opinion, asinine.
2. All comments will be interpreted as written, i.e. pay attention to what words you put where and when. Don't tell me you meant x when you typed that you fuck goats.
- “in Louisiana the poverty rate increased more than in most states over that time” January 25, 2015
- “a federal prosecutor who doesn’t give a fuck” January 22, 2015
- “because it’s Carnival time” January 16, 2015
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: Myths from Drugs.com January 8, 2015
- Rage is to writers what water is to fish. ~ Nikki Giovanni
2011 Ashley Award
A Note on Archives
A few problems with databases and corrupted files and near total loss of files means some links are broken and many images are just plain gone. It will take time to reconstruct post by post.
Links to nola.com older than a month or so are dead/broken links. Google search the listed title of the article and it should pop up. You can avoid nola.com's paid archives if you have access to a database through a university or public library.
Send the post title, date, and the link [copy the highlighted/underlined text] to gbspotmail**gmail***com.
Bitches are aggressive, assertive, domineering, overbearing, strong-minded, spiteful, hostile, direct, blunt, candid, obnoxious, thick-skinned, hard-headed, vicious, dogmatic, competent, competitive, pushy, loud-mouthed, independent, stubborn, demanding, manipulative, egoistic, driven, achieving, overwhelming, threatening, scary, ambitious, tough, brassy, masculine, boisterous and turbulent. A Bitch takes shit from no one. You may not like her, but you cannot ignore her.
ATTRIBUTION: Joreen, U.S. feminist and author. From “The Bitch Manifesto,” originally published in Ms. magazine in 1969. As quoted in The Decade of Women, by Suzanne Levine and Harriet Lyons (1980).
Category Archives: Excerpts/Quotes
6. Louisiana Middle income growth 2009-2013: -4.9% Fifth quintile income growth 2009-2013: 1.0% Fifth quintile share of income: 51.9% Middle class household income: $44,442 (8th lowest) The widening income gap in Louisiana does not bode well for the state’s poorest … Continue reading
Preet! The Most Dangerous Man In American Politics. BuzzFeed News, 1/22/15. His frontal assault on the open secrets of New York political power has been a genuine shock to the state’s politics and even to its press, who missed the … Continue reading
Understanding our ethics around sexuality tells us much about who we are as people (137). Becky Thompson. Survivors on the Yoga Mat: Stories for Those Healing from Trauma. Berkeley, CA: North Atlantic Books, 2014. Print. Like this:Like Loading…
I read ‘A Problem from Hell’: America and the Age of Genocide. Every word. The notes. The bibliography. I’m amazed and pleased she’s lasted this long in the Administration. And if you want to talk genocide or Rwanda, which I … Continue reading
RS 14:43 §43. Simple rape A. Simple rape is a rape committed when the anal, oral, or vaginal sexual intercourse is deemed to be without the lawful consent of a victim because it is committed under any one or more … Continue reading
also see “Resource”! Like this:Like Loading…
…they are generally women: BATTERED, BEREAVED, AND BEHIND BARS. Buzzfeed News, 10/2/14. If a violent partner threatened her child, “I would sacrifice my life 10 times out of 10,” said Carmen White, the Dallas prosecutor — and mother — who … Continue reading
Like this:Like Loading…
Jay Electronica Ibeyi Like this:Like Loading…
A Perfect Storm: The Takeover of New Orleans Public Schools Part One 17 Days in November from N.O. Education Equity Roundtable on Vimeo. Like this:Like Loading…