Nothing on this blog has anything to do with the views, practices, needs, or pet peeves of any employer, association, profession, product, school of thought, clan, family member, or BFF.
The G Bitch Spot by G Bitch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Mad. Black. Woman. (TM)
I've been pissed a long time. I'm fairly good at it.
Help a Bitch out!
Comment Policy as of August 2011
1. This is MY blog. It is not public space but personal space. I am not obligated to publish or keep any comment I deem misinformed, misplaced, missing the point or just plain, in my not-so-fucking-humble opinion, asinine.
2. All comments will be interpreted as written, i.e. pay attention to what words you put where and when. Don't tell me you meant x when you typed that you fuck goats.
- Bit(ch) 17: A Fucking Plastic Water Bottle? August 20, 2014
- “But every time you show your face/Somebody dies, man” August 18, 2014
- You Can Record Police + the Five-O App August 16, 2014
- National Moment of Silence: NOLA 6PM August 14, 2014
- Rage is to writers what water is to fish. ~ Nikki Giovanni
2011 Ashley Award
A Note on Archives
A few problems with databases and corrupted files and near total loss of files means some links are broken and many images are just plain gone. It will take time to reconstruct post by post.
Links to nola.com older than a month or so are dead/broken links. Google search the listed title of the article and it should pop up. You can avoid nola.com's paid archives if you have access to a database through a university or public library.
Send the post title, date, and the link [copy the highlighted/underlined text] to gbspotmail**gmail***com.
Bitches are aggressive, assertive, domineering, overbearing, strong-minded, spiteful, hostile, direct, blunt, candid, obnoxious, thick-skinned, hard-headed, vicious, dogmatic, competent, competitive, pushy, loud-mouthed, independent, stubborn, demanding, manipulative, egoistic, driven, achieving, overwhelming, threatening, scary, ambitious, tough, brassy, masculine, boisterous and turbulent. A Bitch takes shit from no one. You may not like her, but you cannot ignore her.
ATTRIBUTION: Joreen, U.S. feminist and author. From “The Bitch Manifesto,” originally published in Ms. magazine in 1969. As quoted in The Decade of Women, by Suzanne Levine and Harriet Lyons (1980).
Category Archives: G Bitch Abroad
Published May 20, 2013 at an earlier configuration of b2l2. FYI: Today is day 1943. The average cold lasts 5-7 days; the flu can leave you feeling dragged out for a couple of weeks. Even a broken bone heals eventually. I have … Continue reading
1. Do not give me Katrina-sized attitude because you do not want to take an English class. I did not make the core curriculum. If I had, you’d not only take more English courses but all freshpersons would start in … Continue reading
The average cold lasts 5-7 days; the flu can leave you feeling dragged out for a couple of weeks. Even a broken bone heals eventually. I have had daily chronic pain since 2009. 4 years, 4 months and 19 days. … Continue reading
Thanks, Ali Arnold, Trisha, the students and faculty who came and sorry there was no time for questions. No one had read the Stanley Fish post I based all this on but, just like in the classroom, I forged ahead … Continue reading
I’m one of the “gurus.” Odd word choice but what else can you do when you can’t put “bitch” on a flyer and paste it all over a college campus. The focus is this Opinionater post by Stanley Fish.
G Bitch to Sixth District NOPD: I live on the street where the shooting was Sunday and there’s a bullet in my neighbor’s wall. Sixth District to G Bitch: Well, the scene has already been processed so we don’t need … Continue reading
cross-posted at bbll Ravitch responds to the outcome of the DC mayoral race, one frequently called a referendum on Michelle Rhee, and the narratives generated about the outcome and the recent charter movement’s main narrative. [Which she neatly sums up … Continue reading
This post first appeared at Humid City, Sept. 7, 2008. ________________________ I’m OK, the fam’s OK, everything’s OK. Cleaning up our front yard and the block has been our highest priority, not blogging. And I can’t get into mine. You … Continue reading
…about episode 1 of Treme? Go see.