Nothing on this blog has anything to do with the views, practices, needs, or pet peeves of any employer, association, profession, product, school of thought, clan, family member, or BFF.
The G Bitch Spot by G Bitch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Mad. Black. Woman. (TM)
I've been pissed a long time. I'm fairly good at it.
Help a Bitch out!
Comment Policy as of August 2011
1. This is MY blog. It is not public space but personal space. I am not obligated to publish or keep any comment I deem misinformed, misplaced, missing the point or just plain, in my not-so-fucking-humble opinion, asinine.
2. All comments will be interpreted as written, i.e. pay attention to what words you put where and when. Don't tell me you meant x when you typed that you fuck goats.
- Bit(ch) 16: “vagina” July 28, 2014
- “increasingly hostile environment for chronic pain patients and the physicians who strive to treat them” July 24, 2014
- “Revealed: the Palestinian children killed by Israeli forces” July 24, 2014
- Bit(ch) 15: “They had me on Morphine and OxyContin for a while…” July 11, 2014
- Rage is to writers what water is to fish. ~ Nikki Giovanni
2011 Ashley Award
A Note on Archives
A few problems with databases and corrupted files and near total loss of files means some links are broken and many images are just plain gone. It will take time to reconstruct post by post.
Links to nola.com older than a month or so are dead/broken links. Google search the listed title of the article and it should pop up. You can avoid nola.com's paid archives if you have access to a database through a university or public library.
Send the post title, date, and the link [copy the highlighted/underlined text] to gbspotmail**gmail***com.
Bitches are aggressive, assertive, domineering, overbearing, strong-minded, spiteful, hostile, direct, blunt, candid, obnoxious, thick-skinned, hard-headed, vicious, dogmatic, competent, competitive, pushy, loud-mouthed, independent, stubborn, demanding, manipulative, egoistic, driven, achieving, overwhelming, threatening, scary, ambitious, tough, brassy, masculine, boisterous and turbulent. A Bitch takes shit from no one. You may not like her, but you cannot ignore her.
ATTRIBUTION: Joreen, U.S. feminist and author. From “The Bitch Manifesto,” originally published in Ms. magazine in 1969. As quoted in The Decade of Women, by Suzanne Levine and Harriet Lyons (1980).
Category Archives: Professor Bitch
There’s a lot of institutionalized racism, even among the liberal crowd of tenured radicals. In fact, one of my friends, a law professor put it best: “It’s the liberal who can often have the least self-consciousness about the pain they … Continue reading
1. Do not give me Katrina-sized attitude because you do not want to take an English class. I did not make the core curriculum. If I had, you’d not only take more English courses but all freshpersons would start in … Continue reading
from Wikipedia: The overall median 9 month salary for all professors was $73,000, placing a slight majority of professors among the top 15% of earners at age 25 or older. [7: US Census Bureau, 2006] Yet, their salaries remain considerably … Continue reading
Growing increasingly frustrated, he leaned forward in his chair, looked me straight in the eye, and, with his ordinarily pale face turning red, he yelled, “You must trust us more if you want to succeed here; there are no spooks behind the … Continue reading
WHO is teaching middle school and high school students that “high school” is ONE word? I thought it was just some of the un- and underprepared students I had but I was wrong. Whoever you all are, and you know … Continue reading
Toxic asset is a popular term for certain financial assets whose value has fallen significantly and for which there is no longer a functioning market, so that such assets cannot be sold at a price satisfactory to the holder. The … Continue reading
In every high school I’ve been in this semester, charter or not, the phrase “our best students!” has been used, with enthusiasm and a smile. One student’s name brings smiles to teachers, staff, assistant principal, everyone. This student is being … Continue reading
Someone used that phrase a couple days ago to refer to some faculty at a high school. Just for your information, I did not fail; I did bail. I am a bailed academic.
Item #1: Clarence Thomas sentence: “”I think the confirmation process is both unnecessary, it’s uninformed with respect to what the court actually does and it’s very dangerous.” Yeah, both of those three things suck. Item #2: at bark, bugs, leaves … Continue reading