Nothing on this blog has anything to do with the views, practices, needs, or pet peeves of any employer, association, profession, product, school of thought, clan, family member, or BFF.
The G Bitch Spot by G Bitch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Mad. Black. Woman. (TM)
I've been pissed a long time. I'm fairly good at it.
Help a Bitch out!
Get G Bitch in Your Inbox
Comment Policy as of August 2011
1. This is MY blog. It is not public space but personal space. I am not obligated to publish or keep any comment I deem misinformed, misplaced, missing the point or just plain, in my not-so-fucking-humble opinion, asinine.
2. All comments will be interpreted as written, i.e. pay attention to what words you put where and when. Don't tell me you meant x when you typed that you fuck goats.
Categories (New to the Spot? Check “Best Of” first)
- 30 Things You May Not Know About My Invisible Illness October 3, 2015
- Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2015 September 29, 2015
- Bit(ch) 23: SMWH September 12, 2015
- No. August 27, 2015
- Rage is to writers what water is to fish. ~ Nikki Giovanni
2011 Ashley Award
A Note on Archives
A few problems with databases and corrupted files and near total loss of files means some links are broken and many images are just plain gone. It will take time to reconstruct post by post.
Links to nola.com older than a month or so are dead/broken links. Google search the listed title of the article and it should pop up. You can avoid nola.com's paid archives if you have access to a database through a university or public library.
Send the post title, date, and the link [copy the highlighted/underlined text] to gbspotmail**gmail***com.
Bitches are aggressive, assertive, domineering, overbearing, strong-minded, spiteful, hostile, direct, blunt, candid, obnoxious, thick-skinned, hard-headed, vicious, dogmatic, competent, competitive, pushy, loud-mouthed, independent, stubborn, demanding, manipulative, egoistic, driven, achieving, overwhelming, threatening, scary, ambitious, tough, brassy, masculine, boisterous and turbulent. A Bitch takes shit from no one. You may not like her, but you cannot ignore her.
ATTRIBUTION: Joreen, U.S. feminist and author. From “The Bitch Manifesto,” originally published in Ms. magazine in 1969. As quoted in The Decade of Women, by Suzanne Levine and Harriet Lyons (1980).
Author Archives: G Bitch
1. The illness I live with is: ankylosing spondylitis [see posts here, here, and here], fibromyalgia [about me, in general].† 2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: FM: 2009. AS: 2014.‡ 3. But I had symptoms since: AS: probably … Continue reading
Yeah, it’s illness you can’t see. I’ve got one. Well, a few. There are L.O.T.S. A sparse sampling: allergies and food intolerances anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder, OSFED (Other Specified Feeding and Eating Disorder) and other eating disorders rheumatoid arthritis/inflammatory arthritis … Continue reading
Louisiana: Women Don’t Need Planned Parenthood. They Have Dentists. Mother Jones, 9/10/15. The task seems straightforward: Make a list of health care providers that would fill the void if Louisiana succeeded in defunding Planned Parenthood. But the state, which is … Continue reading
The “Katrina” stories, books, articles, started in July. I’ve ignored most. One, many aren’t about “Katrina” or about the flooding or what survival here was or still is like or has been like. These “stories” are about using NOLA, a … Continue reading
Yeah, I’ll be there. I’ll even read something. Press Street HQ | 3718 St. Claude Ave. New Orleans, LA 70117 409.550.4882 TUESDAY August 18 @ 7:00 PM CDT